Saturday 27 June 2009

Summer dilemma

Through Cup of Jo I read an article in glamour.com about the dilemma between getting the tan look or assuming the white pale tone. And this is a good example of a good looking white lady: Cate Blanchett.I live in a sunny country and until my 12 years old I would spend 2 months of my summer vacations at the beach. Can't complain about that, oh no. Right now I don't see any damages. (I do wear good sunscreen) But I'm not white-almost-blue, just white with brown hair and green eyes. My mother's quite white but my dad has a darker skin, so I guess I have some of my dad's pigmentation (which means I never look like a lobster:P).

I believe that one of the causes of sunburns is that generally people look more attractive when with a little bit of colour and also because they don't have enough beach time to get a balanced tan, so, in result, if they have five days on the beach they want to absorb the maximum of sun possible. THAT DOES NOT WORK.

In my country there's kind of a competition of "who's the more tanned one" which is quite stupid but it's easy to get caught in that. The pale one seems quite outside of the earth:P

Personally I like the moderate tan specially on my face. (I know, the wrinkles issue) But since I don't wear makeup, I do have dark circles under my eyes and with the sun they just disappear. You get such a healthy look and the eyes suddenly seem to stand out.

In the end it's a cultural thing. But it's quite hideous to see the fake tan. That I just don't get because people just look orange. And for the stars who do it: "Hey girls (and boys... oh god) can't you just spend a few days in a tropical, warm and sunny place and do it the right way?"

What do you think? Love it or hate it?

(Photo via glamour)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weeee!!! A new comment:D